percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 58, Issue 9

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Tommy Armstrong" <tfa AT brickengraver.com>
  • To: "'Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion'" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 58, Issue 9
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 13:52:51 -0400

"You do not seem to have much use for your fellow Christians, to say nothing of Ku Kluxers, ACLUers, Northerners, Southerners, fem-libbers, anti-fem-libbers, homosexuals, anti-homosexuals, Republicans, Democrats, hippies, anti-hippies, senior citizens.”

That’s true—though, taken as individuals, they turn out to be more or less like oneself, i.e., sinners, and we get along fine.

Even Ku Kluxers?

Sure”

Questions They Never Asked Me

Signposts In A Strange Land

Page 418

Sounds to me like Mr. Riddick has a bit of ideological rigidity himself when he writes:

3.  Bush has an ideological rigidity/born-again certainty/willful

ignorance/autistic negligence that leads him to stumble through life like

Don Quixote on meth.

The same could equally apply to Pelosi, Obama, Barney Frank, Ted Kennedy, Common Cause, etc.  as well as Bush, Cheney, et al.

But then again much of that statement could apply to everyone as we stumble along our journey. I have never met an individual in my life that did not reflect to one degree or another those “qualities”.

Tommy Armstrong

BrickEngraver LLC

www.brickengraver.com

Jack Aubrey:

"Oh dear oh dear, I seem fated to move from one blunder to another today. I shall hold my tongue or what remains of it."

Stephen Maturin:

"Where would conversation be if we were not allowed to exchange our views freely and abuse our neighbors now and again."

Patrick O'Brian Forturne of War--Patrick O'Brian