percy-l - Re: [percy-l] ps

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Beck, David A" <dabeck AT iupui.edu>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] ps
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:46:33 -0400

Nikki,

With all due respect, your response is pretty vague. I'd like to hear more of your critique.

No, obviously, the apocalypse hasn't happened, but neither has the lapsometer. So why is LIR better (it is, in my opinion)? What building blocks are missing to make The Road an "unsuccessful" novel?

I'd just like to get a discussion going, not just dismissive quips.
-David

Quoting Nikkibar AT aol.com:

Yes, I read it and wished I had reread LITR instead. There is in my view a
difference between talking "about" the apocalypse which (let's face
it) hasn't
happened yet, and the building blocks that constitute a successful novel.
Just my thought for what it's worth.

Nikki

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.