percy-l - [percy-l] Elie [Eliezer] Wiezel's Night

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Gray, Rich" <RGray AT montreat.edu>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Elie [Eliezer] Wiezel's Night
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 19:17:12 -0400

List,

I just for the first time read Elie Wiezel's Night. It was lying around the
public library as a "new book" since it was re-translated in 2006. It had
orignally been published in 1958. Having heard talk about it for the last 30
years, my reading of it was prefaced. Yet I still got quite a shove off of
equilibrium. My questions for you are:

1. What did Walker Percy know about Night?

2. What kind of college courses might Night fit into well?

Rich Gray

<<winmail.dat>>