percy-l - [percy-l] Resistance is Futile, The Machine is Us/ing Us

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: John Harvey <johnharvey AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Resistance is Futile, The Machine is Us/ing Us
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 08:39:17 -0500

List,

As I've said many times, "I'm a perennial optimist in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

However, I also believe that we optimists need to attract as much attention to evidence of the problem as we can muster to convince those in doubt. Hopefully, when the evidence is more widely understood, it will convince a few more that we need to build secure bridges across the Peircean triadic/dyadic divide which Percy called A Fateful Rift.

At the risk of preaching to the choir, I am directing your attention to this posting Resistance is Futile < http://www.korrektiv.org/2007/05/resistance-is-futile.html> I believe it is a sign that concern is alive and growing.

BTW www.korrektiv.org is the blog that is currently hosting the seminar/discussion about Percy's Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self-Help Book.

I am also recommending these signposts to some of my unknowing or doubting friends who need to be nudged.

Respectfully,

John

  • [percy-l] Resistance is Futile, The Machine is Us/ing Us, John Harvey, 05/06/2007