percy-l - [percy-l] new book on Percy - signing

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Teresa <ttbrader AT cox.net>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [percy-l] new book on Percy - signing
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:45:20 -0500

I'm passing this along for those of you who might be in the N.O. area tomorrow. (Sorry for not knowing about it sooner -- I just now received this email from the bookstore.)

'Walker Percy Remembered Book Signing Tomorrow

'Tomorrow is the big day. Please join us! Saturday, September 9, from 11:00 until noon. David Horace Harwell will be signing his new book of thirteen interviews, "Walker Percy Remembered: A Portrait in the Words of Those Who knew Him" here at the Maple Street Book Shop. We are located at 7523 Maple St., New Orleans, LA.

'Our owner, Rhoda Faust, a long-time family and business friend of Percy's, is one of the people David Harwell interviewed. Some of the others are Phin and LeRoy Percy, Walker's brothers, Shelby Foote, his life-long best friend, Carrie Cyprian, his housekeeper, and Nikki Barringer,
neighbor and friend. We are hoping that many of the people in the book come to the signing, and we welcome his old fans as well as his new ones. As the dust jacket says, "Over the course of the interviews, readers learn intimate details of Percy's writing process; his interactions with community members of different ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds; and his commitment to civil rights issues." '

I will add that I have met Rhoda and had extended conversations with her. She is a joy and always so happy to talk about WP. Will you be attending, Nikki?

Teresa

  • [percy-l] new book on Percy - signing, Teresa, 09/08/2006