percy-l - [percy-l] FW: Ms. Perkins? (for Basil David Burns)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Henry P. Mills" <wpercy2 AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: percy-l <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: bazburns AT hotmail.com
  • Subject: [percy-l] FW: Ms. Perkins? (for Basil David Burns)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:23:28 -0500

Title: FW: Ms. Perkins? (for Basil David Burns)

From: "Basil David Burns" <bazburns AT hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:39:23 +0000
To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Ms. Perkins?

Dear Admirers of Walker,

I am hoping for three things:  1) First, I hope someone might tell me how I might subscribe to this list, being none too agile at these activities; 2) I hope that someone might tell me how to get in touch with a Ms. (Dr.?) Perkins who wrote a dissertation on Dr. Percy -- or perhaps you might write me back yourself if you are reading this!; 3) introduce myself to the list.

I am a monk at St. Joseph Abbey where Dr. Percy sometimes made retreats.  His grandson is my friend, and his wife still often comes here and even tolerates my homilies with a lady-like gentility;  Dr. Percy is, quite literally, buried in my backyard, and I have often visited the stone that is the echo of his life to ask him of the permanent things.  In any case, I am considering my own dissertation work on Percy.  Please help!

Thank you for your time and thoughtfulness, should you respond.  May God bless you in all you undertake.

Respectfully,

Fr. Basil Burns, O.S.B.

------ End of Forwarded Message