percy-l - RE: [percy-l] Brain region involved with metaphor comprehensiondiscovered

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Karl M. Terrell" <kterrell AT sheastokes.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] Brain region involved with metaphor comprehensiondiscovered
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:20:33 -0400

* * This communication is CONFIDENTIAL * *

I wonder how adept those with damaged "left angular gyrus" are at
figuring out similes?

Have any of the studies on the ability of apes to use language and
symbols found any evidence of ability to understand simple similes?

Do monkeys ever laugh at our jokes?