percy-l - RE: [percy-l] The West Wing's comment on Biblical contradictions

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: marcus AT loyno.edu
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] The West Wing's comment on Biblical contradictions
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:25:33 GMT

Percy deliberately and explicitly embraced a post-modern
view of things--as early as LIR. He even uses the term. And
his PoMo is founded on the notion that Modernism has run its
course and left us stranded. He had little to say (to
me)about deconstructionism. He was curious, but I suspect
he read about it and didn't do more than dip a toe in the
prime materials. Maybe Nikki can add something.

There are some good post-modern readings of Percy. The best
I've seen is Michael Kobre WP's Voices. U. of Georgia.
Couple of years ago. I think this book is outstanding.

Marcus