percy-l - Re: [percy-l] "I don't pay much attention to the right or the left. . ."

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Brian N." <brian AT beachcitygas.com>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] "I don't pay much attention to the right or the left. . ."
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 17:24:57 -0800

Wade,

Thanks. I always appreciate your additions and illuminations.

Thanks expecially for:

"The enemy is not conservatism. The enemy is not liberalism. The
enemy is bullshit." Lars Erik Nelson

I will post that one at work.

I have five college students in my employ. They, quite frankly, are wearied by the bullshit and academic lockstep thinking. I think what really gets them hot is that after all the hard work of serious studies, and all the long hours to earn cash to survive on while in school, they come to realize that they are paying all this to be fed little more than a lot of bullsh*t.

Nelson's quote will open a window with to a bit of fresh air.

Brian N.