percy-l - RE: [percy-l] animal communication and consciousness

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Tpmonaghan AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] animal communication and consciousness
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:34:25 EST

It has seemed to me that Percy was expounding on the following:

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John1: 1, 14

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:  and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepth over the earth.

Genesis 1: 26

and that Pierce and Chomsky were on to it  and in Chomsky's case probably not that conscious of it.  Academic careers do not take to Bible quoting.

Pat