percy-l - RE: The Game

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Robert_Pauley AT oxy.com
  • To: percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: The Game
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:07:41 -0500

Movie came out a few years ago, thriller with Michael Douglas about a smug,
heartless billionaire whose life is changed by his brother's birthday gift
of a play-acting game that turns real and apparently deadly. I can see
someone citing Percy about this, as story relates to his themes of rotation,
of unlooked-for thrill when "everydayness" is shattered. Premise of film is
better than film.