percy-l - Re: Walker Percy (fwd)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "charles_almond_pearson" <charles_almond_pearson AT msn.com>
  • To: <rflynn AT GUILFORD.EDU>
  • Cc: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Walker Percy (fwd)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:39:43 -0500

Richard,

Saw your request on the list. I have read all Percy's novels,
then the Samway bio, which is entitled, I think, "Walker Percy".
While I couldn't help wondering how much of Samway's ego had
crept into the bio (According to his account he had obtained the
enviable status of close friend and anointed -- by Percy --
biographer. I wondered if his understandable elation at such a
status might have bubbled over a bit into the bio. I still think
the bio rings true. I'd be interested in getting other opinions
about that from the list, and so request via cc on this e-mail.),
it seems faithful to its subject, and has much to say about WP's
existentialism and Catholicism. You might also find leads in the
bibliography and index of that bio.

Hope this helps.

Yours truly,

Al Pearson