pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:48:48 -1000

Aloha,

Last decision I recall was that the rate for paid work on the project was to be USD 15.00/hr. (or equivalent in Pounds, Euros etc. ;-) for all comers.

Prior to that I think we had each stated our own prefered "discounted" rate for paid work, and then sometime after that the $15/hr. for all was applied instead.

It's all in the list archives somewhere.

cheers,
John S.

I'm not exactly sure how to respond. Of those who have submitted invoices for their time it has been for less than half of their actual time and also at a considerable discount (Chad had been charging his time at $15.00 - which is an incredible bargain) [indeed] which has meant that our grant money has lasted as long as it has. So far I have depended on each persons integrity within the whole project, and must continue to do so since this is totally outside my area of expertise. I would appreciate other input.

Thanks. I'm open to making adjustments and determinations of value from the rest of the group. I would like to be transparent with the accounting, which is why I stated the value, and I know there have been other plans to possibly use part of the funds towards travel expenses, etc. We could also review the Threshold grant proposal, and see what we'd need to get to what was proposed with the money available. I'm flexible.