pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] PIW Wiki Posts

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] PIW Wiki Posts
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:51:38 -0500

webmaster@pfaf.org wrote:

Goody, our first attempt at vandalism. Easily fixed, .... done.

Vandalism attacks like this are easily fixed. Just go to the page, click on Page History, find the edit you want to restore and click the link.

Getting the notification of page changes to the list ensures that we can respond to the attack quickly.

The spammer was from geocities so they have been informed, I guess the spamming site will be taken down.

That is a good plan to be sure but I had thought that user authentication was going to be required B4 edits were allowed. But then this is the PIW WIKI not the worldclass PC DB, PIW. Will the Wiki remain for the long haul?

PM Wiki is supposedly great wiki software. My venerable ISP, Intrex, has set
one up for its sysadmins intranet.
File uploads are possible with this software, maybe only after login.

I need to set a PM wiki up for the PC mailing list sos subscribers can u/l pics of projects, plants, gatherings and more. Nafex and GWL lists both have a place to upload pics into galleries as do nearly all Yahoo groups, but there with upload archive size limits, not so with ibiblio.

Anyone know anything about current versions of PHP Wiki, which I installed on ibiblio some time ago and is not secure from hit and run spammers?