pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] slow status

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] slow status
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 05:10:38 -1000

Aloha,

Things seem to be slow at moment.

Yeah...my trusty laptop is out of commission, from nothing more than the ribbon cable that connects lcd screen to body finally dying internally somehow (it had been getting flaky, finally bit the dust, the whole rest of the machine is fine but of course not very useful, except maybe as a headless server... :-/).

I should have a replacement on the way (three cheers for eBay listings :-) fairly soon but it will probably be a week to ten before I have a working unit at "home" so I may be slower than usual if the rest of you start increasing traffic.

cheers,