pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] unable to access issue tracker

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "Stephanie Gerson" <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • Cc: Permaculture Plant DB project <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] unable to access issue tracker
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:56:37 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

Much less internet access than I though. No time to read all the many
many PIW posts, this one luckily caught my eye.

You will get this message if you are using Internet explorer on a
Macintosh. You will never be able to access the tracker as currently
hosted using IE-mac.

There IS NO WORKAROUND for Internet explorer on Macintosh.
This is for the same reason you were not able to register yourself.

IE-Mac DOES NOT SUPPORT private security certificates, and the tracker is
a secure site using a private certificate.

Use any other Mac browser, all of which are better and more modern anyhow-
Mozilla, Netscape, Safari, etc. - and you will have no problem.
IE-mac is a dinosaur, some years behind all other browsers, and Microsoft
no longer has any intention of upgrading it, ever. It is a dead horse.
Get another browser.

Not meaning to be harsh, just meaning to be clear as can be for future
reference and as I won't have time to answer further questions until I
don't know when.

FYI IE-mac browser use is some tiny tiny tiny fraction of all users
worldwide so we will not be missing too many folks due to this lameness in
the IE mac browser. Half a percent? Maybe not even that many.

cheers from Ă…land, Finland -
John S-