pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][37][6.29.05]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][37][6.29.05]
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:27:19 +0000

Aloha,

-Thanks for creating the Bug Writing Guide and posting it on the wiki, Johns. Are you still looking for feedback on it?

Sure...haven't gotten any yet...maybe it's perfect as-is... ;-).
I should add to my to-do list to add my e-mail there for questions/comments, when people besides us start using it.

Still hope to put up those other two related test docs before I skip the country.

-Bear wrote, "Also, when I get well tagged output to work with, what kind of look would you all like for the search results and plant listing? Any websites to reference for design ideas?" Great question. Please send any UI ideas to the list.

Just keep it clean and clear and simple is my request.
At least for starters, anything that works, works, and then we can refine it.

-Is the wiki sufficient for editing the RichClient (UI) document? Have people been editing it? Do we think it's time to announce this document to the PIW list, and have them edit it?

Haven't had time to look, no opinion at present.

-Related, where do we go from here? It seems like we're all fulfilling our individual roles, but how to plug the pieces together? I'd like to get an understanding of where we are now and what we need in order to move forward.

Well, Chad needs to finish his current sprint and then we need to test that. Bear I assume will be creating the web piece to go with Chad's changes.

I would say let's get through the first round of all that, one thing at a time.

Then, what are the next priorities for implementation?
Start on those, another release with some more features, testing on that while yet more features are implemented, and round and round we go as in a typical software development project.

I'm traveling tomorrow (HI to CA), then will have 1-3 July there and hopefully those tracker/test docs on the wiki.

July 4 - August 15 out of the country, will be able to check mail here and there but no production work.

I guess the tracker will get a more significant shakedown once the next release and web UI are happenin' and then we'll see if/what needs work there.

cheers,