pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Wiki CSS updates...OpenLazslo

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Wiki CSS updates...OpenLazslo
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 09:48:25 +0100

Bear Kaufmann wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just made a few improvements to the CSS for the wiki. It should be a good deal more readable now. Let me know.
http://www.permaculture.info/wiki

Much better. Great job.

OpenLazslo looks pretty cool. I think Stephanie actually mentioned it a while ago, I didn't look deep enough to notice the underlying language. I seems like the overhead on the applications is a little high, using 700kB for the side bar buttons on the demo. I wonder if you could run it as a stand-alone flash app on a client machine, so the application bulk only needed downloading once. Looks like it uses XML for the data interface, another reason to move in that direction.

I'm too busy right now to really explore it, or work on the project, I may free up some time in June. Give me a few tasks in the tracker if ya'll need something.

> I could use to get some more defined tags around
the search results so I can play with the CSS. Actually, should we be thinking now that the results should come out as XML and use a conversion with XSLT at this point? The XML schema might not be perfect, but moving that way would be cool.

Yes indeed. I think that will be easier to do when the new structure Chads working on is done. Actually I think this is something
which should go in the 2.0 release.