pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] 0.2.0

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] 0.2.0
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:51:18 +0100

John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha,

Kind of curious as to how many more features I should implement on dev
before the next "stable" 0.2.0 release that will go onto the main piw
site. Any ideas on what things we really need to iron out before
submitting it to the public? A list would be nice.

I can create a user account, but so what...I can't log in as that user!

Currently this is appearing on the comment form page
http://dev.permaculture.info/cgi-bin/eden?comment_form=yes&parent_type=plant&parent_id=4433
it does need to move.

There is a bit in the Spec page on wiki about this
http://www.permaculture.info/wiki/index.php?n=Main.Users
* Make the process smoother.
* Login/Register box on from page, under search box.
* Confirmation of login name displayed on all pages when logged in - to provide feedback to user.
* Ability to log out.

So seems to me that needs to be implemented.

Unless there's nothing else relevant to being a registered user implemented yet - in which case, keep the account creation hidden and don't bother with login functionality until it actually matters somehow in terms of user interaction with the public site.

Hopefully this is what Chad's working on at the moment.