pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] At Last! ...the PIW issue tracker v. 0.0.1

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] At Last! ...the PIW issue tracker v. 0.0.1
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:20:54 +0000

Aloha,

Congratulations, Johns!

Looks fantastic. And thank you also for the progress update.

Thanks and you're welcome. I haven't changed the default look/feel of Roundup much, just added/changed data fields to hopefully suit this project better. Mainly, we will be able to search/filter a fair bit more specifically than the default Roundup would have allowed.

Yes, let's all register. Is there anything specifically you'd like us to look
at/check for?

Start using it; ask me whatever questions come up while starting to use it...those I will turn into a FAQ linked in the sidebar, and/or as basis for a How-To/brief user guide.

Also note what you'd like to see different or added or removed, etc. to make it easier/clearer/simpler/more effective to use.

For example in the search results listings, what fields from an item, and in what order, are most useful to display there?

Any combination and order is possible just by me changing the templates; I picked a fairly simple subset for starters and it may need optimization.

If nothing stands out yet that's fine; perhaps more issues and more use will show desired changes further on.

cheers,