pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Lindbergh Feedback

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Lindbergh Feedback
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:11:56 +0000

Aloha,

-Literature: they have a literature category, and ours was apparently weak. What informational resources (books, websites, or otherwsie) could serve as a
Bibliography for our project? Ideas welcome!

Well, there's tons and tons of potential literature, given the scope of permaculture design. Perhaps a 'bibliography' object can be part of the DB at some point...harvest literature references from users!

-Basic Need: they didn't see PIW as satisfying any basic needs - most of the
world's population lives in dense urban areas and have little time to
experiment with intense urban agriculture. How do we respond to this?

Maybe their wordlview is simply not one that would enable a functional response to this.
In other words, "work where wanted," as Tom Ward says...don't spend time trying to fit into grantor paradigms that we simply don't fit into.
Food is (aside from fresh water) our most basic need as living critters. If they don't get that, and don't wonder what all those dense urban people are going to eat when fossil fuel factory farming winds down, seems like a waste of time pursuing them.