pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Re: [piw] Article on wikipedia

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Information Web <piw@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Re: [piw] Article on wikipedia
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:34:46 -0800

Richard Morris wrote:

An interesting article at
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/free_issues/issue_02/fud_based_encyclopedia/

with a response to an article by ex Encyclopedia Britanica editor on the wikipedia project.

There lots of good stuff, of particular relavance to us is the
Authority Model. Basically who controls whats in the pages.

Quite what we want as an authority model for our project needs to be worked out.

This month's Wired Magazine also has an article on Wikipedia.

http://www.wired.com/wired/

The Book Stops Here
Jimmy Wales wanted to build a free encyclopedia on the Internet.
So he raised an army of amateurs and created the self-organizing,
self-repairing, hyperaddictive library of the future called Wikipedia.
[ Coming March 2 ]
By Daniel H. Pink

Market Farming Forum