pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [Fwd: [ibiblio.org #10949] my pcwiki (phpWiki) is in accessable on the Web]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [Fwd: [ibiblio.org #10949] my pcwiki (phpWiki) is in accessable on the Web]
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:21:26 +0000

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
This certainly describes a scenario PIW may encounter with spam in mass. This is new - I've never had
spam in wikiposts so bad that ibilio takes it offline.
Fred wants some authentication scheme but the version of PHPWiki I am using doesn't support this.

What might work in the short term is to bring the wiki back online, but make it read only. This way we could get some of the data in the wiki
out, which is what we need for the current task.

Later versions may and so do other wiki software and I would have to start over with a new wiki to keep
one up with authentication. Then porting all the pcwiki data would be a job+1/2. Anyone here have any suggestions?

Might not be such a bad job if we can get access to the underlying databases. It should not be too hard a job to write some piece of code
to read from the old wiki and write to the new wiki. All it would take is someone with a bit of programming savey.