pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Issue tracker, versions

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Issue tracker, versions
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:39:40 +0000

Aloha

Stephanie Gerson wrote:
Will the public (or our testers) be able to submit bugs? Just curious.

Yes, once it's prime-time-ready, the tracker will be available to our user-public-community, as with most other open-source projects.

They will need to create themselves a login account; they will be able to search/view existing bugs and add bugs of their own.

Upside is, lots more hands and eyes on the project to catch bugs, suggest features, etc.

Downside is, "the public" generally writes poor bug reports and there will likely be lots of duplicates and invalid bugs to wade through.

I will provide concise HowTo for writing bug reports and hopefully it will be read and followed... :-?

More news as it happens...