pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] [synthesis][01.25.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][01.25.04]
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:01:58 -0800

I Love how we all have our different times for responding, most of us living
in different time zones. Occupying different niches in the day...shows up as
5-6 emails from the same person in a row ;)

Anyways. This will be short and sweet:

1. Great discussions lately. Super excited about all the traffic on PIW. In
fact, please remember to send relevant topics from this list over to that one
- we are lucky to have a group of thoughtful and inspired people discussing
this project, and we should take advantage of that.

Specifically, would you mind if I forwarded the Folksonomies and the DTD 0.001
posts to that list? And Bear, could you please re-send the link to the
Folksonomies article to both lists? Thanks.

2. I spoke to Paula Westmoreland recently - who is researching and collecting
plant relationship data for zones 3, 4, and 5. She actually received a
Producer SARE grant last year, and we're discussing the possibility of a
joint-application for this year. Like a lot of other folks I've been in touch
with, she has the content and needs the infrastructure for it - these are
ideal partnerships. FYI she might be contacting our team to ask a few
tech-related questions. She also asked about our project plan, which brings
me to point 3....

3. We have reached our 6-month point since guacamole became holy. I'll check
if the Threshold Foundation is expecting a status report from us, but
regardless, I'd like to get back on track with using a project plan. Now that
we're further along in the process, I'd like to be more organized about
project management. So I'll revive the use of a project plan, and become more
demanding on using it. Please, it is important for us to track our process
and achieve milestones. Ok?

That's it for now.

Good night folks (or good morning...),
*Stephanie