pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] quick!

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] quick!
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:43:47 -0600

Stephanie Gerson writes:
> Please note: I am including the www.permaculture.info link in the
> Lindbergh Update letter - but will Bear's frontend be transferred over?

As soon as Bear wants to I think. I need about a day to integrate it
with the search engine and then it's live.

> I didn't even refer to content in the letter because I thought we had
> none! Chad - did you embed Eden's database in PIW? Or, where did all
> that content come from? Sorry if I missed something - just want to be
> sure I include all the progress we've made in this letter.

Yes, that's Eden using a heavily modifed version of the 2001 release
of PFAF dataset. Complete info on 7300+ plants. It's really quite
useful and finds some surprising things. My friend came over and I
was showing him the site. He started looking up things he was
interested in and got some really good info, plus ended up spending
about a half hour with it.