pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Synth, comments, etc

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Synth, comments, etc
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:58:19 -0700

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

CAPS AGAIN, I'M RESUMING MY FLING...

=

Aloha,

> ARGH! My brain is burning! Seriously though, sometimes I wonder it

is possible to represent a web of relationships on computer that is
large enough to be meaningful. Every element has so many
possible relationships, is it possible to get them all and will it be
helpful if we can't. Not sure myself, but I'm committed to try.

WHAT IF WE HAD DIFFERENT LEVELS OF ZOOM, WHERE USERS COULD ZOOM IN AND OUT OF WEBS? OF COURSE, THAT WOULD REQUIRE *A LOT* OF CONTENT. PLUS, WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE BEWTEEN ZOOMS?
In some form of "advanced search" UI, the user can specify what relationships or types of relationships are (most) relevant to their search.

It could be useful to solicit this information ASAP for design purposes too.
What are the most wanted relationships, according to our potential users?
Then work on implementing/managing those first...

THIS IS WHY I KEEP PUSHING FOR ANNOUNCING OURSELVES PUBLICLY. WE COULD GET A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT OUR AUDIENCE WANTS! WHAT DO YOU ALL SAY?

*S

We could just as easily get an idea of what our audience wants by creating a poll and asking them for their help. I maintain that we can announce but need to interact in such a way that we don't put additional burden on the programer/s. Scott