pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] busy day

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] busy day
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 20:00:17 -0600

Well, I started off this morning writing Fred and thought that it
would be nice to have something to show... hours later...

Anyway, as the message says Eden has been resurrected on my laptop. I
think things more or less work although the latest version of Eden
only has summarized results (no tabled results which are nice for
shorter pages). Also the caching feature seems to be broken ATM and a
quick look didn't figure it out for me. Other points of note include
the fact that my current network card is an ancient Xircom (lost 2
nice 3com cards to electric storms) with a short in the dongle that I
*fix* by setting an 8oz. container of Titebond II Wood Glue in just
the right place. Hopefully I don't bump the glue... Summary: It's
slow and unreliable.