pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] oy ve

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] oy ve
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:45:32 -0700

Stephanie Gerson wrote:
I understand they are free, Lawrence. And I estimated Ibiblio services to be worth $1,200/year. But we are not using Ibiblio now and we might not be using them for a while - so perhaps I should not include this in the budget. What do you all think?

*s

You are right, however it might be good to tell grantors that PIW has been
_offered_
services worth $1200 (that may be a conservative estimate when you add staff,
tech support, admin services,
bandwidth, UNC Network Services services, UNC data backup services, and other
assorted UNC and ibiblio services.

If they are made aware that ibiblio is waiting in the woings with their offer
of free help it would indicate the
general level of puiblic support for what we, as PIW, are doing.

Maybe ibiblio's services could be considered an in kind contribution -
implying that potential grantors might want
to consider matching funding. Don't know if this kind of thing is appropriate
to include in a grant proposal but
it seems reasonable to me.

  • Re: [pcplantdb] oy ve, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 10/14/2004