pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] website blurbs

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <john@eco-living.net>, PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] website blurbs
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:03:39 -0700

Johns wrote, "Agree with Scott about biota instead of flora, and further
propose that we use as plain of English as we can. Biota? Sounds like
an energy drink or something. How about more like "...between plants,
animals, microorganisms and other elements of living systems..." or
similar?

Hmmm, I completely agree. But I refer to biota/flora about 5 times
throughout the description - "...between plants, animals, microorganisms
and other elements of living systems..." would be somewhat of a mouthful.

I'll try to make it more casual though...

peace
*Stephanie

Vision comments (and your other requests) later, limited bandwidth
now...------ Original Message ------
Homepage: Welcome to the Permaculture Information Web, a growing resource
of [permaculture-related] information created by and for the people who
use it.

Mission: The Permaculture Information Web seeks to offer information
regarding the relationships between flora [??], and accordingly assist
with the process of Permaculture design.

Agree with Scott about biota instead of flora, and further propose that
we
use as plain of English as we can. Biota? Sounds like an energy drink
or
something. How about more like "...between plants, animals,
microorganisms and other elements of living systems..." or similar?

Vision comments (and your other requests) later, limited bandwidth now...

hi ho,