pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] no release

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] no release
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:05:22 -0500

Sorry, I'm not going to meet my self-imposed deadline today or even
before mid-week (Wednesday is my new goal). Things are going well
mentally and I've been able to do more good work in the last couple of
days than previously, but still due to a slow start and various events
(wild party last night) and other duties I'm just not getting at the
hacking time I had hoped... so far averaging only a little over 2.5
hours a day.

So far I've written an ObjectManger like class to handle HGObjects
that uses BTrees that auto-determines and guarantees unique ids. I've
also written a generic HGObject as well as a limited (only name
attributes at the moment) Plant object and some simple interfaces for
HGObject and Plant.

The hardest part and seemingly the slowest is all the fiddly bits of
getting the basic app wired up in Zope correctly (ClassSecurityInfo is
a nightmare). Fortunately I think I'm mostly there and am currently
writing the basic management zpts. After that I can develop actual HG
objects and the necessary functionality. One of the nice things about
Zope is that I don't have to write anything to handle users because
it's already there.

Anyway, Rich will be happy to hear that I've been doing a top notch
job of documentation as well and the initial release will include a
nice 'epydoc'ed html tree of the classes which is nice additionally
because it documents the super classes as well, giving a clearer
picture of some of the crazy inheritance trees.

Anyway, not there yet, but will have something very soon.

perl -e 'print pack"H*","7079674067616c617465612e6f72670a"'