pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:21:11 -0700

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

Instead of sending us all the requests and letting the entire group decide,
why not have 1-sentence descriptions of the pcplantdb and the pcinfo lists and
let the people sending requests decide?

Making group decisions about every single request seems way too cumbersome. How about responding to requests with something like this:

Requests to join this list are very rare. Unless I know who they are I prefer
letting the list know who wants to subscribe in case they are people someone
here knows or knows about. Otherwise reqests from unknowns are deferred until
they send me email directly telling me who they are.
This is probably the best way to handle it and is certainly the simplest.

The mission statements for the latest PC lists are:

permacultureinfo
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/permacultureinfo
The purpose of this forum is to help individuals, groups and organizations
promote and develop information resources on permaculture. This includes
books, magazines, journals, bulletins and pamphlets, hardcopy and electronic,
as well as websites, mailing lists, databases, weblogs, wikis
and content management systems.

openpermaculture
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/openpermaculture
The openpermaculture list is the forum for The Open Permaculture Project,
a global extranet of practitioners participating in developing a permaculture
knowledgebase.

pc-knowledgebase
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/pc-knowledgebase
A forum for the exchange and archiving of information about permaculture,
scientific,
indigenous and anecdotal.

pcplantdb
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/pcplantdb
Permaculture Information Web,
http://www.permaculture.info
Database Technical Development Mailing List

[does the pcplantdb info above need updating?]