pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Agreement, consensus

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>, <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Agreement, consensus
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:16:44 -0700

whoa. Don't have time to read all these posts because I am leaving for
my camping trip NOW. (Departure was a bit delayed already.)

I sincerely hope that when I come back, things are resolved and everyone
is sufficiently satisfied.

*Please* be considerate and mindful in your interactions with other
people in this group! Let's try to keep the group TOGETHER, not split it
apart.

Remember everything you learned in kindergarten...

peace, ok?
*s

Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org> wrote:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. writes:

> I am tired of two people holding things up. I WILL BLOCK any
> decision to start on arashi and do god knows what later.

This was my assumption. Can you acknowledge that your position here
may be difficult for others?

> I suggest that Shinnerer and Archer get with the program and help
> out with work on ibiblio or get the hell out of our way.

I may speak softer, but I am definitely in the John S. and Rich
A. camp. My recommendation is that we go with Zope on arashi. Also,
you are using pretty inflammatory language here... not the way one
speaks to friends.

> <snip>
>
> Let's get started on ibiblio now. Let Chad and Rich begin work
> there. Let the rest of us, also champing at the bit get on with
> researching the data we will need to acquire for the DB and
> especially let us find others in the global PC community,
> especially those in our lists, who will want to work with us on the
> development and even the design of our database.
>
> Can we get together as a team now and get the show on the road?
> Those who don't want to be part of this effort can step aside and
> watch our dust.

Since when does a team member recommend abandoning part of the team.
IMO the success of every instance of group effort is more dependent on
group cohesion than the performance of individuals... 'No man is an
island', etc.

Like Stephanie says Lawrence, I think it would be a good idea to take
a bit of a break, breath deeply, and think about what we are doing and
how significant it is. In this light, details like platform and
hosting are really not as important as developing a great tool. In
order to develop this tool we need to work together.

python -c 'import base64;print
base64.decodestring("cHlnQGdhbGF0ZWEub3Jn")'