pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] permacultureinfo, Permaculture Information Web Public List is up and running.

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] permacultureinfo, Permaculture Information Web Public List is up and running.
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:55:54 -0600

Please, please let's keep the pcplantdb list completely separate from the public list or we will never get anything done, we have enough trouble with 5 -6, no more unless they are critical to the db development.
I envision the public list as a list where a carefully crafted description of what we are attempting is written as an introduction, and that we put out a call for data sources which can be screened and put into a mailing list which will allow us to solicite information when the db is ready to accept it.

It might be good to put out the different considerations for fields that we have discussed and see if we have missed anything.
I got into the pcplantdb late so I'm not sure what was discussed before I arrived, so forgive my ignorance. It seems that this db is far more extensive than what I thought the grant proposal outlined. I thought we were talking about a plant guild data base, and now it seems we are talking about permaculture "soup to nuts", which is huge. I don't have anything against going for the whole thing but does it make sense to do it in bite size chunks, ie first plant guilds, then water , then patterns, then .... I could be wrong but to start off with the whole magilla seems a little overwhelming, but I'm not a programmer, so you tell me.

Musing,
Scott
Stephanie Gerson wrote:

BTW, will people who receive the subscription email know what it's about? Because I have a feeling that no one on this list has been following our posts
except for 5-6 of us.
hmmm
*s

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net> wrote:

permacultureinfo, the Permaculture Information Web Public List is up and
running.
I have subscribed everyone on this list. The archives are open to the public
and searchable
by Google so some of you may want to set your nomail option to on to unclog
your inboxes.
Change your user config here: