pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] why don't we just call it holy guacamole

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] why don't we just call it holy guacamole
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:58:12 -0700

hia again folks,

How exciting to finally start *doing* instead of hypothetically
discussing!

Allrighty, as for money, plan of action, etc. – a few things:

-I have attached the budget so you can all get an idea of how we
allocated our costs in the grant proposal. We only received 10% of what
we requested, so we won’t be able to cover all of our expenses. Consider
it parallel to succession planting – we need not pay for all of our
expenses at once, but will do so in succession, when the time is ripe…
And sure, you can keep track of your hours and send them to me – but keep
in mind that we haven’t been fully funded…yet.

-In terms of how to get started, should we have a conference call? It
might be nice to finally communicate in some way other than email. If
it’s not worth it yet to spend money on a conference call,
understandable. (hey forgive me, I just want to talk to you all) I have
attached our project plan, also included in the proposal. Please check
it out. Perhaps we should flesh this out? Concentrate on stage 1 and
create a calendar with specific milestones? If we can agree on the tasks
that need to get done, I’m willing to act as the project coordinator
(ugh, why do I get stuck with the boring job…whatever, I am not
complaining as long as I don’t have to code). Basically, I suggest we
make a detailed project schedule for this first stage. Also, I haven’t
read the 12 steps Rich sent out yet, but perhaps we all should.

-Sure, we should send a message to the Permaculture list. But
beforehand, let’s decide what message we want to give and questions we
want to ask people (if any, or request feedback/input at a later date?)
so that we don’t send multiple messages about this project.

-"This project." Awful name, I agree. In the grant application I called
it the "Guild Design Application." boring. Or "Guildbuilder"? Cheesy.
I’m tired, I’ll dream of something nicer… (for now I'll just stick with

holy guacamole)

-As for where the money is going, I believe the check will be made to our
umbrella non-profit – the Permaculture Institute in New Mexico (founded
by Scott Pittman).

And finally, you are all welcome! I’m delighted that I could make dreams
come true (thanks Chad), and confident that we can create something truly
solid together.

right on yalls
*Stephanie