pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Threshold

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Threshold
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 23:32:49 +0100

Jim Fournier wrote:
> Hi Richard,

Stephanie passed me your info as a contact on the Permaculture Guild
Design Application. I'm doing some evaluation for the Threshold grant
application and also interested in permaculture and IT general.
I'm a bit swamped with my own event coming up in June, but I need to
complete this process in the next few weeks. You can reach me back here
or by phone at 415-662-2688. I'm usually up late west coast time, but
not early am.

Best wishes,
-j

Jim Fournier
415-662-2688

I just had a phone conversation with Jim about this.

He asked a lot of technical questions about how
we would actually implement things, particarly how
the communication between front end and server,
how we would add the guild type information to
existing datasets. How we would stop graffiti
and editorial issues.

General feeling is that we need to really do a lot
more thrashing out of the details of it all. Whats
the database schema? Whats the communication format
between server and front end? What precisely do
we want for the front end?

On a related note I see ibiblio now have a WikiInfo
fork of Wikipedia. If we could link with that
it could give us much greater exposure.

ttfn

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719