pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Pew Research Center

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Pew Research Center
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:29:06 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> Are we interested in applying? I wrote to them to ask about their
> application process because I couldn't find the info on their website.

>From what the abstract says, we may or may not qualify, seems to me. I don't
think we're planning on doing

> original,
> academic-quality research that explores the impact of the Internet on
> children, families, communities, the work place, schools, health care and
> civic/political life.

We're actually intending to create something that would be a resource and have
consequences (effects, whatever - any word but 'impact' please...), not
researching existing resources and their consequences or effects.

And, if it looks to you like we're qualified when checking the details, it's
fine by me!

Took a brief look at planetwork.net - they seem to be flying at 30,000 feet,
maybe even higher - couldn't find much closer to the ground than that.

Threshold I dunno what that is - did I miss a mail with link somewhere?

cheers,

Design & Technology Services