pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Threshold Foundation

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Threshold Foundation
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:35:24 -0700

hello all,

So I spoke with Jim Fournier of the Threshold Foundation
(http://www.thresholdfoundation.org/), and he is very interested in our
proposed project. He is involved with similar work at the intersection of
sustainability and interactive web design, most specifically with developing
capabilities for on-line cross-pollination of information. Please visit his
organization Planetwork at http://www.planetwork.net/ for additional details.
We discussed the shortcomings of existing mechanisms for on-line
collaboration, such as Wikis, and the potential of a project such as ours for
enhancing and building upon such mechanisms.

He was interested in more technical details than I could offer, and might be
contacting Rich, Chad, or Lawrence soon. Just wanted to give you the heads up
- this is exciting!

peace
*Stephanie

  • [pcplantdb] Threshold Foundation, Stephanie Gerson, 04/11/2004