pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] scratch

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] scratch
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:28:20 -0800

Chad Knepp wrote:
Well, I know you are all waiting on the edge of your seats for the
0.2.x release of Eden but unfortunately I'm going to have to
disappoint you. The plants.usda.gov dataset only really contained
helpful data for about 830+ plants and after a demoralizing data loss
(due to stupidity) I am abandoning direct work on the dataset and
don't have anything new to show. I also am probably not going to have
much time to do concentrated development work until next winter unless
some sort of funding magically appears.

I am still highly interested in people on this list trying to run Eden
on their home machines in an attempt to debug and streamline the
install process. This is a major stepping stone to collaborative
development and as far as I know, no one has yet set up and run Eden
on their home machine. I restate my offer to troubleshoot the process
for anyone attempting to do this and am offering the *lofty* reward of
public praise for the first person that reports success.

I assume you're still subscribed, Chad. Does Eeden run in Windows 2000?
If so I wouldlike to try it.

  • Re: [pcplantdb] scratch, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/13/2004