pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] hosting Eden

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] hosting Eden
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:15:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi Chad,

I just took a quick look at your eden pages, went to the dev page and saw
this:

-------
I am currently developing and hosting Eden at my personal expense. If you
would like to contribute financially or know of someone or some organization
that would like to to contribute to the development and operating costs of
Eden, please let me know.
-------

My sysadmin is looking to host an open source project (server is Debian/GNU
linux). Among other things, doing so will get him a significant discount from
his infrastructure provider, who also happens to be an open source advocate
and gives a discount to clients hosting such projects using his services.

Don't know if that is a possible answer to your question but let me know.
He's not sure exactly what qualifies a project for the discount, since he
hasn't had any prospects yet, but could certainly get details.

Mail me off-list unless you think it's list-relevant somehow.

cheers,

Design & Technology Services