pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Lets get this list moving

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Lets get this list moving
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:58:10 +0000

Hi All,
I think its about time that we saw some action on this group.
So I'm reposting the thoughts I had on fields etc in a separate post.

I'm also wondering if there is anybody out there who's actually
thinking of implementing the database.

We also need to think about how to get the project moving
along and avoid infinite regression into discussions on indigenous
knowledge.

1) Get some milestones agreed on, this is what they did in the
mozilla project. Say something like
Milestone 1) Design of tables
Milestone 2) Basic Implementation of DB
Milestone 3) Get some data input

2) Do we want any deadlines to work to?

3) Should we assign tasks to people or establish roles?

4) Maybe a list of unresolved questions should be maintained say
Q1. Should there be information on PC-zones in database.

5) We need some structure to allow the project members to
actually reach some conclusions to these questions. We could
say set a weeks deadline for discussion and then a vote at the
end.

Does anyone have experience in working on a open source project?
How was it managed?

Hope this gets things going

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England
Tel: (+44 845) 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org (web related queries only)