pchealth - [pchealth] How to make fermented (stinky, cheesy) tofu and why it is good for you (probiotic).

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: Permaculturist Health <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pchealth] How to make fermented (stinky, cheesy) tofu and why it is good for you (probiotic).
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 19:31:47 -0500

Fermented tofu or "stinky tofu" (from the cheesy smell). Why it is good for you and how to make it. Keeps in the fridge for a year. I think this method is what you need to know about. The tofu is cultured dry and at room temperature. This seems to be the IT recipe. Here are her tips:

1. It is required to press the tofu overnight. If you do not do this step, the tofu will be too moist and the bacteria will not have the proper environment to ferment the tofu at room temperature (19 degrees).

2. Before actually attempting this recipe, I also searched a lot on the Internet. You can do this recipe safely in the summer time at a room temperature of about 21 degrees.

3. According to your preferences, a variety of ingredients can be increased or decreased. The total amount of ingredients given here is a rough estimate to have enough to cover all of the tofu with some left over. If you have leftover seasoning, you can use for noodles or for BBQ dishes and it will be a delicious addition.

4. When I finally add oil, I use sesame oil. You can also use ordinary rapeseed oil, but I think sesame oil is particularly fragrant, the amount is uncertain, and finally cover the tofu.

How To Make Fermented Tofu – Step By Step
Tiana Matson • March 17, 2019
https://www.yumofchina.com/how-to-make-fermented-tofu/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [pchealth] How to make fermented (stinky, cheesy) tofu and why it is good for you (probiotic)., Lawrence London, 01/16/2020