ocba - [ocba] OCBA August Membership Meeting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA August Membership Meeting
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 11:29:32 -0400

Will Hicks, NC Bee Inspector, will be the presenter at our August OCBA meeting this Thursday. He will be providing us with an in-depth, in-hive understanding of what we may be seeing in our hives in terms of disease symptoms. There has been a high incidence of European Foul Brood this year in all regions of North Carolina. As beekeepers we need to have an understanding of what to look for as we inspect our hives both in terms of disease symptoms and hive pest damage. Will can also address questions that you may have regarding the various varroa treatment options and when and how to use them effectively.

We will have our pre-meeting dinner at Radius Pizzeria in Hillsborough - starting at 5:00. Join us if you can. Let the host/ess know that you are with OCBA and they will point you toward the back dining room. I am hoping that Will Hicks will be able to join us at that dinner. If so, we can pick his brain on all beekeeping topics.

We will also be distributing the NCSBA 100th Anniversary cookbook “A Taste of Honey” to members who pre-ordered. Please bring your payment of $20 for each book ordered. Payment can be made by check payable to OCBA or in cash.

It is also time to starting thinking about OCBA leadership for 2018. Individuals who are interested in serving OCBA as an officer or director should contact me directly. And if you would like to nominate someone to serve as an officer or director, please let me know.

Refreshments this month will be provided by Celeste Mayer and Meredith Friedrick. Typically, the monthly refreshment team includes 3 people - 1 for sweet, 1 for savory, and 1 for beverage. So if you would like to help Celeste and Meredith out, get in touch with them to let them know.

-John

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071 (M)

No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

  • [ocba] OCBA August Membership Meeting, John Rintoul, 08/06/2017