ocba - [ocba] Robbing

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: SALLY HOWARD <sallyhoward AT centurylink.net>
  • To: 'ocba ' <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Robbing
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 18:46:32 -0400 (EDT)

Good Evening.
We have two hives, one of which swarmed on Sunday. That hive was started from
a package 70 days ago and had two 8 frame deeps. We were just about to place
a medium super but were a day too late. The other hive was a Nuc , With two 8
frame deeps, top deep not fully drawn out. Since the blue hived swarmed on
Sunday, today we have noticed robbing taking place at both hives. We quickly
covered with damp sheets to deter the robbers. I am just about to go to the
apiary to see what is going on now. We just have two hives at the moment.
What should we be looking for and how should we proceed please, many thanks.
Sally