ocba - [ocba] Cut-out workshop

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Chris Richmond <daganawiga AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT mailman1.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Cut-out workshop
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 00:51:39 -0400

Tired of watching bee-removal videos on YouTube, but still curious of particular details on how one is performed?  Want a front row seat?

I'm offering a workshop on how I locate & remove honeybees from unwanted spaces.  Specifically, I'll be removing a colony from a paneled ceiling of a residential back porch in West Durham on June 3rd (weather permitting).

The cost, there's always a cost, is volunteering for a future OCBA outreach event.  There are lots & varied ways to help our club educate the general public on the fascinating subject of honeybees throughout the year.  In fact, I know of of an opportunity this very weekend; sign up & represent at the OCBA Pollinator Garden at the Dickson House during the Hillsborough Spring Garden Tour (contact: lucy.wilson AT gmail.com).

This cut-out workshop will be limited to around 6 people, with favoritism toward anyone willing to film or GoPro the event ;)

Those interested should contact me directly: swarmhunter AT gmail.com

-Chris Richmond

  • [ocba] Cut-out workshop, Chris Richmond, 05/19/2017