ocba - [ocba] May 11, 2017 Membership Meeting • Orange County Beekeepers Association

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] May 11, 2017 Membership Meeting • Orange County Beekeepers Association
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 17:18:32 -0400

Title: May 11, 2017 Membership Meeting • Orange County Beekeepers Association

May 11, 2017 Membership Meeting

Is this what it means to be a beekeeper!? There is so much to learn!

Is this what it means to be a beekeeper!? There is so much to learn! How do I get these bees into that box!?

We learn from experience – the successes that we have and mistakes that we make. But we also learn from the successes and mistakes of those who have gone before us.

OCBA’s May Membership Meeting will give members an opportunity to learn from OCBA’s “BBB Team” (Best and Brightest Beekeepers). We will host an open forum where all members can ask questions, seek guidance, or (in true beekeeper fashion) argue alternative beekeeping techniques with OCBA’s Master and soon-to-be Master Beekeepers.

Our panel members, Randall Austin, David Eckert, Geneva Green and Walter Starks will respond to all questions. This group represents a small handful of OCBA’s most experienced and most knowledgeable beekeepers. This is your opportunity to pick their bee brains, build your beekeeping knowledge base, challenge their expertise, and ask any question that has ever crossed your beekeeping mind. No question is too simple or too complex for this group.

Once again we will have a pre-meeting dinner at Radius Pizzeria in Hillsborough - starting at 5:00. Join us if you can. Let the host/ess know that you are with OCBA and they will point you toward the back dining room.

And once again we will have a raffle. Grab your name tag as you arrive, put it on, drop half of your ticket into the basket and cross your fingers. You can walk away with a queen excluder or a ratchet strap to help you relocate that swarm you caught to your outyard (or backyard).

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071
No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

  • [ocba] May 11, 2017 Membership Meeting • Orange County Beekeepers Association, John Rintoul, 05/01/2017