ocba - Re: [ocba] Honey supers

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Shadi Cinpinski <shadikaze AT gmail.com>, "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Honey supers
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 21:16:41 -0400

Shadi,

When a honey super is well on its way to being filled (cells have been finished off with new wax and a good number are full of nectar), I add another one or two.

When starting a new colony, when about 70% or so of the foundation has been drawn out, add the second deep. Keep feeding until all the foundation has been drawn into comb and there are at least three or four frames full of nectar/honey.

Randall