ocba - Re: [ocba] Fwd: Caught Swarm

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Muriel Williman <mewilliman AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • Cc: "Catherine M.F. Lohmann" <clohmann AT email.unc.edu>, Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Fwd: Caught Swarm
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 07:01:09 -0400

Wonderful!!! Thank you and congratulations!

Muriel

On Apr 28, 2017, at 3:59 PM, John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com> wrote:

I want to share this message that I received from Nissa Coit, one of the new Carolina Bee Club beekeepers at UNC-CH. Nissa and her fellow beekeepers started beekeeping early this spring. OCBA provided them with 3 hive set-ups from the hives that were donated to us last December. With help from Chris Apple and Geneva Green they installed their first package earlier this month. Now they have collected their first swarm - without hands on assistance from their mentors.

The early success of the UNC Bee Club is attributable to the hard work that Chris and Geneva invested in developing and delivering a series of mini-classes in beekeeping to the members of the Bee Club. Without training and support from dedicated OCBA volunteers this never would have happened.

On behalf of OCBA I want to commend Chris and Geneva for taking on this training/mentoring effort. You share in the pride and success of Nissa and her excited fellow beeks. This is what public education and outreach is all about. Thank you!

-John

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071
No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

Begin forwarded message: