ocba - [ocba] Hive inspection

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: SALLY HOWARD <sallyhoward AT centurylink.net>
  • To: 'ocba ' <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Hive inspection
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 20:16:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
Input please. Hived a package ten days ago, then three days later checked
that the Queen was releasedand she was. Bees have been drinking upwards of
two quarts per day. Last couple of days there appears to be less activity
outside the hive. So much so, that we opened the hive expecting that the bees
may have absconded, but plenty of activity at the feeder and on top of the
frames. We did not look any further this evening. What action should we take
next please? Inspect the hive soon for a live Queen? Wait and let the bees
continue to draw out comb. This is an eight frame Langstroth hive.
Many thanks,
Sally