ocba - [ocba] March OCBA Membership Meeting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] March OCBA Membership Meeting
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 11:35:03 -0500

Next Thursday, March 9th, OCBA will be joined by Dr. Kaira Wagoner, a post-doctoral fellow with Dr. Olav Rueppell’s bee research lab at UNC-Greensboro. Kaira will discuss the negative effects of using steel foundation wire. She will also talk about her recent discovery of a chemical associated with hygienic behavior, which is the ability of nurse bees to detect, open, and clean cells containing varroa-infected pupae.

As always, please consider joining your fellow OCBA members at our pre-meeting dinner at Radius Pizzeria. This is an opportunity to meet with other beekeepers to talk about bees, beekeeping, and generally get to know each other. Our guest speakers and our state bee inspectors often join us at this dinner so it is a chance to pick their brains, too. Last month 17 OCBA members attended.

Radius offers us a private room that will accommodate 30+ enthusiastic beekeepers. We meet at 5:00 and generally leave for our meeting by 6:45. Each diner pays for their own meal. Tell the host/ess that you are a beekeeper and they will direct you to Radius’ private dining room. (See attachment for parking suggestions).

Radius Pizzeria and Pub at 112 N. Churton Street in downtown Hillsborough

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071 (M)

No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

  • [ocba] March OCBA Membership Meeting, John Rintoul, 03/02/2017